There are some significant forces driving legislation which will increasingly affect all organisations and individuals:
Existing and impending legislation includes:
- Kyoto Protocol
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme
- Climate Change Act 2008
- Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Energy Act 2008
- Climate Change Levy
- Climate Change Agreements
- The Energy Performance of Buildings
- Renewables Obligation
- Planning and Energy Act 2008
As policy-makers seek to catch up with the scientific evidence, it is clear that further laws, regulations and carbon taxes will follow.
By acting now companies can mitigate the regulatory effects on their businesses and benefit from the incentives and opportunities.